Application does not guarantee acceptance. Application deadline TBD. Vendor Tables are currently being offered to our last group of vendors until 10/8/22. After that we will offer tables to new vendors. Keep an eye out here and on social media for news, probably won’t answer emails or messages for a bit…
Although we are a family friendly event the use of strollers is not permitted inside the building. You may feel free to park them outside along the building. Geek Fest is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Photography is permitted at Geek Fest. Please ask permission before taking any individuals or groups picture. Please ask vendors before taking pictures of their products.
Remember Cosplay is not consent.
No. Gateway High School is a smoke free property. This includes vaping. Violations of this policy will be cause for ejection from the event without refund.
Weapons are NOT Permitted at South Jersey Geek Fest.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- NO LIVE STEEL at all will be permitted on the premises of the SJGF. Live steel is defined as:
- Swords, bayonets, and knives (regardless of whether or not they are sheathed)
- Star knives and shurikens
- Metal armor, including chainmail
- Other objects made of metal, which can take an edge. This holds true regardless of whether the object is actually sharp.
- Metal studs on costumes or other metal components of costumes/props may also be subject to approval by Geek Fest.
- NO GUNS OF ANY KIND will be permitted. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Live or antique firearms
- Airsoft guns, any and all kinds, regardless of whether or not it is functional. A non-functional airsoft gun with no moving parts is still an airsoft gun.
- BB or pellet guns
- Crossbows, dart guns, blowguns
- Water guns or water pistols.
- Stun guns, tasers, focused energy weapons
- Phased Plasma Weapons
- The ONLY exception to this rule will be prop guns or resin/3D printed models that are easily identifiable as such, and provided that they possess no moving parts and are clearly marked with a non-removable orange tip.
- NO NUNCHAKU of any kind will be permitted.
- NO EXPLOSIVES or CHEMICALS of any kind including, but not limited to:
- Aerosols (Silly string, hairspray, solvents, spray paint)
- Smoke bombs, powders, etc.
- Sparklers, fireworks or pyrotechnics of any kind
- Hoax or lookalike devices
- Pepper spray, Mace, other irritants, etc.
- Insecticide, herbicide, Smilex™, etc.
We like to follow the old rule that if you have to ask the question, the answer will most likely be NO.
All Illegal weapons will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Handheld props will be permitted as long as they are handled responsibly and meet all other criteria.
- Fake, prop, or home made weapons (i.e. made of paper, plaster of Paris, rubber, cloth, etc.) are permitted if they are safe and not pose a danger to other attendees or other property. They must be easily identifiable, provided that they possess no moving parts and are clearly marked with a non-removable orange tip.
- Examples of dangerous conditions include, but are not limited to:
- items that may trip others
- items that can snag on people or surroundings
- items that obstruct doors and hallways.
- Prop weapons shall be limited to less than six feet (6′) in length and less than thirty pounds (30lbs) in weight.
- Any metal chains are to be less than two feet in length. This includes, but is not limited to chain wallets or any non-costume chains as well.
No Zip Tie, No Entry
Behavior with Props
- Misuse of a weapon or prop, such as swinging it in a public area or posing a hazard to others, will result in the weapon or prop being deemed unsafe for the convention, and you will be asked to remove the item from the property.
- All props and weapons brought into the convention may be inspected and either approved or rejected by Geek Fest staff, including those that may have had prior approval, seeing a prop and emailing about a prop are two very different things.
- Any item that poses a potential safety hazard may need to be removed from the convention. This includes any costume, prop, or accessory that obstructs doors or hallways, or otherwise poses any kind of danger to other attendees, staff, or property.
- When in doubt, check with Geek Fest staff. Also please note that just because a staffer has not stopped you to check your item does not mean that the item is allowed.
All decisions made by Geek Fest Staff are final.
Please direct your rage to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO. South Jersey Geek Fest has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments
- physical assault and/or battery
- non-consensual photography or recording
- disruption of panels, signings, or other events
- bathroom policing
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome physical attention
To report an incident please go to the registration area and ask for Ryan or Tyler.
If a person engages in harassing behavior, SJ Geek Fest Staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from SJGF with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE at the convention. Exhibitors, Fans (Attendees), Speakers, Guests, Professionals, Press, Staff, Volunteers, and Security are all subject to our anti-harassment policy and will be held to the same standards and disciplinary action.
Anyone can report harassment. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness the same happening to someone else, you should immediately contact SJGF Volunteer/Staff (black shirt with a big ole’ Question mark).
If necessary, we will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to make sure they feel safe for the rest of SJGF.
Remember: Cosplay is not consent. Keep your hands to yourself. If you would like to take a picture with or of another SJGF Fan, Guest or Vendor, always ask first and respect that person’s right to say no. When at SJGF, be respectful, be nice, and be kind to each other.
Yes! We recently added a classroom to the mix that is a safe, quiet space for you to reset and get out of the noise and madness.